Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Priorities

In When It is OK to Miss a Day: Stop The Presses for Your Priority Person from Cool Cat Teacher Blog by coolcatteacher@gmail.com, Victoria A Davis, Cool Cat Teacher,  gets right to the heart of things once again!

“Do you have a priority that you’re willing to stop everything else to do? Is that priority a person? Have you stopped the presses lately for that person? If not, why not? If not, why not now?”

Once I get on a roll, I hate to miss a day once it becomes a habit.

For example:

I’ve logged in my meals to MyFitnessPal.com for 449 days in a row without missing a day!

I’ve posted on this blog Monday through Friday since September 2007 and rarely miss a day.

I was walking and getting my 10,000+ steps 7 days a week before recently deciding that my feet need a break, so I’ve reduced to just 5 days a week.

I did the Photo-A-Day project and didn’t miss a day last year. To keep from getting tired of the project, I only participate it on odd numbered years.

I think my problem is that I’m afraid once I stop, I won’t get back into my routine.

I almost feel like it is an obsession and I have to talk to myself about this sometimes.

I don’t think I will stop logging in my food because it helps me and I’m losing weight. I don’t think my continued logging hurts anything or anybody.

I can schedule posts in the future so I plan for this when we are camping or traveling when I’m afraid I won’t have the internet. This is a good way to make our traveling a priority and still post regularly.

I don’t have a specific plan for walking and just try to keep track that I walk at least 5 days a week. This gives me some flexibility when I’m not in the mood or I have something planned.

I decided to do the photo project every other year because I started getting stressed out if I wasn’t able to post my picture every day. This past year, I allowed myself to post the pictures on other days as long as I had taken the photo each day.

There are many times when I’m involved with a project when my husband wants me to do something else. At times, I feel irritated about being interrupted but then I ask myself that if he died suddenly, would I regret not doing what he wanted to do. This always puts things into perspective because he always takes priority

This would be a good discussion for my students. What people take priority in their life? At what point are they willing to risk everything for this person? This might help them see their relationships with their peers and family in perspective.

What are your priorities and how do you deal with them? Please share.


No comments: